TEMPORARY 1,000 HOUR LINEMAN - BOONE, IA
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform line construction and maintenance of overhead and URD distribution lines under the supervision of a First Class Lineman or Foreman.
- Patrol the line and check for defective materials, equipment or unsafe conditions; notify foreman or supervisor of problems found.
- Perform the duties of groundsman and lineman. See that trucks, tools, and assigned equipment are properly used and kept in good working order.
Skills & Abilities:
- Understand considerable hazards that exist, including falls, electric shock, electric flash, automobile traffic, and falling objects.
- Understand and utilize safety equipment.
- Learn and comply with all safety policies, OSHA rules and regulations.
- Ability to utilize computers and iPad tablets is required.
- Ability to understand safety material and instructions is also required.
- Applicant must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
Education & Experience:
Applicant must possess a HS Diploma and Degree from an accredited Utility Line Program.
This position would be located at our Boone, IA Service Center - 1781 219th Ln, Boone. The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and frequently works near moving mechanical parts, exposed to vibrations, and works on rugged terrain.
Licenses & Certifications:
A valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is required.
To apply: CLICK HERE
All applicants who are selected for a position within Midland Power Cooperative or ENOVUS Management Cooperative are required to pass a pre-employment physical examination, background check, and drug test when employed.
Midland Power Cooperative and Management Cooperative provides its full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances, sick leave, vacation, holiday pay and 401K.
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.