No Phone Calls Please.
Midland Power is currently seeking a Staking Technician to join our team at our Boone Service Center in Boone, IA. In this position, the candidate will stake new major projects, individual services, and new subdivisions, evaluate member electrical requirements, geographic features, and equipment to support the design and construction of overhead and underground electrical distribution infrastructure. The work is often subject to travel within Midland Power's service territory with occasional overnight stays.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to understand GIS, mapping terminology, and surveying concepts in addition to interpretation of system maps, engineering drawings, and staking sheets is preferred.
- Possess a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software and the ability to learn other software programs as needed.
- At least an Associate's Degree (AA) or higher education in relevant programs.
- Exemplify the organizational values of teamwork, accountability, safety, integrity, excellence and commitment to community as it pertains to Midland Power’s Mission Statement.
- Required to pass a physical exam, background check, and drug test when employed.
- Must be able to work in adverse outside environmental conditions.
- Occasionally requires lifting, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects ranging anywhere between 10-100 lbs.
To apply: Please email your resume to [email protected].
If you would like to submit a resume to be considered for future employment opportunities with Midland Power, you may send your resume to Kara at [email protected] or mail a physical copy to our Jefferson office location at:
Midland Power Cooperative
1005 E. Lincoln Way
PO Box 420
Jefferson, IA 50129
No phone calls please.
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.