Putting the Power in YOUR Hands!
Finally - an easy way to enjoy the benefits of solar energy.
Plug into solar power without the hassle of installing your own array
Thanks to Midland Power Cooperative's Community Solar Program, members can now enjoy the environmental and financial benefits of a solar photovoltaic system without the headaches of owning their own.
When members lease one or more panels in our Iowa Falls solar array, their bill is credited monthly for the portion of electricity their panel(s) produce.
Interested in learning more? Contact us today to learn how Community Solar can benefit you!
Array Size: 147 kW size array with 524 high quality modules - 440 watts (DC) each located at our Iowa Falls, IA Service Center
2022 Pricing: $640/subscription. Buy 10, get the 11th FREE! Buy 20, get 2 more subscriptions FREE!
Production: We expect the entire array to produce around 250,000 kWh each year
Term: 20 years - March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2037
Available: To active Midland Power members
HOW IT WORKS
- Must pay up front and sign the Subscription Agreement form (Midland will provide) to subscribe to the program
- Credit is listed on monthly bill for each subscription, based on the energy generated for the month - typically around $3-7 each month
- Leftover credits are carried into the next billing period, but expire at the end of the program
- Can be transferred to another account if you move or may be reassigned to another member
PERSONAL VS. COMMUNITY SOLAR
PERSONAL (your own) SOLAR: Will cost between $2.80 - $3.80 per installed watt and does not include costs for maintenance or insurance. Midland Power is also capped for net metering.
COMMUNITY SOLAR: Costs less than $2.00 per watt AND the rate you'd receive for the credit is much higher than that of avoided cost - which is the rate you would receive if you were to install your own array. All without the hassle or maintenance and insurance costs.
- Avoided future energy cost increases - if our wholesale power (where we purchase power from) rates go up, so does the rate of your credit
- No maintenance or repair responsibilities
- Reap the benefits of solar without having to find a space on your own property
- Keep roof and shingle warranties valid with no need for a rooftop installation
HOW MANY CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO?
If you have a residential account, members can subscribe to the output of as little as one module or multiples - based on 80% of the average usage from the last 12 months.
If you have a commercial or agricultural account, members can subscribe to the output of as little as one module or multiples - based on 50% of the average usage from the last 12 months.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Call us today at (800) 833-8876.