Power in YOUR hands
Midland Power developed the project to give members the opportunity to become involved in solar energy without the additional costs, construction, insurance and maintenance required with a personal solar system.
Visit our Facebook page to see more photos!
Check and see what the array is currently producing!
Please note: the gauge does show production in February, this was when we were testing for maintenance and reliability. Any sharp drops in production during the month of February were caused by maintenance and construction that occurred.
About the program
Price: Only $870 a module! That's less than $2.00/watt (DC)!
Module info: 147 kW utility-scale solar array is comprised of 524 - 440 watt (DC) high quality modules.
Production: The entire array is expected to produce over 250,000 kilowatt hours annually!
20 year program
- Each of the 524 modules are available for subscribing (there are subscriptions currently available)
- Subscriptions started at the beginning of the program (March 1st-March 31st) will last 20 years
- Subscriptions are available on a first-come, first-served basis
Tax Credits: Unfortunately we are not CPAs or lawyers. For questions related to tax credits, members should consult their tax advisor for tax advice specific to their situation.
How it works
- Members will get a credit on their monthly bill based on their portion of the total system production.
- If a member buys one subscription, the credit would be based on the generation of 1 out of 524 modules in the array. Two subscriptions would be based on the generation of 2 out of 524 modules, and so on.
- Each month the total production Midland Power receives from the array is divided by 524 to determine how much each subscription is allocated for a bill credit.
- Monthly production will vary by season and amount of sunshine.
- Any credits that are leftover each month will be carried into the next billing period but will expire at the end of the 20 year program.
Who can participate?
Any active Midland Power member is eligible to subscribe to at least one subscription. (See information below to see how many subscriptions members are eligible for.) Any non-member or member can purchase and gift a subscription for another member of Midland Power.
Benefits of the program
- Avoid future energy cost increases - if wholesale power rates go up, so does your credit
- Support renewable energy programs
- Enjoy having no maintenance or repair responsibilities - convenient!
- No additional insurance costs
- Reap the benefits of solar without having it installed on your property
- Production credits appear on your monthly bill
- Keep roof and shingle warranties valid
- Transferable if you move or can be reassigned to another member
How many subscriptions do I need?
Every member of Midland Power that has an active account is eligible to subscription to at least one subscription. Members can subscribe to the output of as little as one module or multiples - depending on your average monthly usage from the last 12 months. An average home would require 28 module subscriptions to offset 80% of their average usage. To determine how many subscriptions you are eligible to subscribe to, click the button under the "Ready to get started" heading or call us at (800) 833-8876.
Does it cost less to subscribe to the program versus installing my own personal array?
On average, it is estimated that you will see a 19% savings in subscribing to a community solar subscription versus installing the same modules at your location.
Ready to get started?