Power in YOUR hands
Become involved in solar energy without the additional costs, construction, insurance and maintenance required with a personal solar system.
Visit our Facebook page to see more photos!
Check and see what the array is currently producing!
Please note: the gauge does show production in February, this was when we were testing for maintenance and reliability. Any sharp drops in production during the month of February were caused by maintenance and construction that occurred.
About the program
Price: Only $870 a module! That's less than $2.00/watt (DC)!
Module info: 147 kW utility-scale solar array is comprised of 524 - 440 watt (DC) high quality modules.
Production: The entire array is expected to produce over 250,000 kilowatt hours annually!
20 year program
- Each of the 524 modules are available for subscribing (there are subscriptions currently available)
- Subscriptions started at the beginning of the program (March 1st-March 31st) will last 20 years
- Subscriptions are available on a first-come, first-served basis
Tax Credits: Unfortunately we are not CPAs or lawyers. For questions related to tax credits, members should consult their tax advisor for tax advice specific to their situation.
How it works
- Monthly bill credit for each subscription based on real-output of array.
- Any credits that are leftover each month will be carried into the next billing period (but will expire at the end of the 20 year program).
Community Solar vs. Personal Solar
On average, installing your own solar array will cost between an estimated $2.80 - $3.80 per installed watt. That does not include the maintenance, repairs, or insurance costs that come with it.
With this utility scale community solar array, the purchase price of a subscription is less than $2.00 per watt AND the rate of the credit is much higher than that of voided cost - which you would receive if you were to install your own array, as Midland Power is capped for net metering. All without the hassle or extra costs of having it on your own property!
- Avoid future energy cost increases - if wholesale power rates go up, so does your credit
- Enjoy having no maintenance, insurance or repair responsibilities
- Reap the benefits of solar without having it installed on your property
- Production credits appear on your monthly bill
- Keep roof and shingle warranties valid
- Transferable if you move or can be reassigned to another member
Who can participate?
Any active Midland Power member is eligible. Any non-member or member can purchase and gift a subscription for another member of Midland Power.
How many subscriptions do I need?
Every member of Midland Power that has an active account is eligible to subscription to at least one subscription. Members can subscribe to the output of as little as one module or multiples - depending on your average monthly usage from the last 12 months. To determine how many subscriptions you are eligible to subscribe to, click the button under the "Ready to get started" heading or call us at (800) 833-8876.
Ready to get started?