WHAT TO DO IF YOU LOSE POWER
- Check the fuses or breakers in your home or at the meter pole if you are able to.
- Any issues from the meter pole to your house/building are your responsibility. Please contact an electrician. We can only fix issues from the meter pole to our service lines and beyond.
- Check with your neighbors to see if their power is also off.
- Report your outage using the options below.
- Like or visit our Facebook page to see updates and information on major outage situations.
REPORT AN OUTAGE
Download the SmartHub App, login and select "Report/View Outage Status" and then select "Report Outage."
SmartHub - Desktop
Login to your SmartHub account. Click on "Report An Outage" under the Quick Links section.
*New users will need to register first.*
Call Us - If you don't want to use SmartHub or don't have a SmartHub account to report your outage, call us 24/7 at (515) 386-4111 to report your outage. Our phones are answered 24/7.
Be prepared to give one or more of the following when calling:
- Service Address
- Account Number
- Map Location Number (on your bill)
View this map for information on the number of members without power by zip code, county, or township.
Like or follow us for updates on major outage situations, news, events, and more!
Causes of Outages
The most common causes of outages are:
- High winds
- Ice or snow
- Farm equipment or vehicle contact with poles or wires
- Animals (squirrels, raccoons, birds, etc.)
- Trees and branches in contact with lines
- High power demand that causes overload